OK Boomer is OK with Me

Generations always seem to break into fragility when dissed. Words like "Unfair!" "Mean!" "Divisive" get tossed around.

I have to say I am a bit blase. People within generations tend to pass through the ages and stages in a way that repeats itself endlessly over the centuries. As we pass through them, each generation finds a way to eyeroll at those generations coming up behind and those generations on ahead. Not only eyeroll but find terms to express their disdain. I mean how is "OK Boomer" any different from the sardonically "Sure Dad" tossed off by lots of young boomers towards the Greatest Generation?

I'd argue no different at all. It's just the circle of life.

Plus I appreciate good humor and perfect on point comebacks. Clearly I rely too much on Comedy Central and memes for my edification.

OK Boomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment