Snowmageddon (eyeroll) Season is About to Begin

It's Minnesota. It's November. We are on the verge of our yearly winter wonderland.

I LOLed when I ran into this lovely sarcastic and very funny graphic about regional reactions to snow. It gets at the core of all the silly snowmageddon hype that swirls around the weather as we get to winter.

Growing up in Green Bay and living in Wisconsin most of my life, snow is just a thing you live with.

The happiest people live with it well. For the active-love-to-be outside-happy people, there’re snow angels; skiing; snowshoeing; sledding; tobagganing; skating; hockey; and lots of fine shoveling. For less active happy-hygge-hibernaters, there’re tons of reading; writing; thinking; contemplating; stoked up fires; slipping outside for a moment in sub-zero temps to throw boiling water up in the air so it crystallizes as it falls; driving along "snow-peeping" at white-covered hills, trees and structures; ice falls; nestling in to wait out blizzards.

I guess I've been one of the happy ones. I love the cold crisp, allergy-less and bug-less air; dressing in layers (you can always add layers to stay warm; you can never take enough off in hot weather to get cool); snowshoeing on trails broken by deer; stretching my muscles cross country skiing with the requisite post-workout hot cocoa or tea.

Here's to winter - and to you - wherever you are during the next 4 months. May you find happiness in flakes and cold - or warm temps as the case may be. I just feel lucky to take mine cold!





No comments:

Post a Comment