Putting a Pin in a Decade


I've noticed individuals doing some looking-back-at-the-decade over the past week. So it got me thinking. What the deuce did happen over the past ten years?

  • Bought 2 homes and sold 3 (the third was my in-laws).
  • Started practicing yoga and TM
  • Moved from WI to MN
  • Supported farmers through CSA shares in veggies, fruit and Alaskan fish(!)
  • Canoed, hiked, biked, walked and explored like crazy
  • Retired from storytelling and put my Ear Ticklin' Tales to bed
  • Mourned my mom; lost my sister and my father- and mother-in-law
  • Survived a hell of a rare and nasty disease and feel better than ever after a gastrectomy
  • Mentored and was mentored
  • Re-connected to many grade school and high school classmates 
  • Blogged like a maniac at Tiny Tips for Library Fun and Youth Services Shout-out blog
  • Stayed in good touch with friends and family (I think)
  • Started teaching online and face-to-face grad and CE classes for UW-Madison iSchool  
  • Began my final children's librarian job at La Crosse Public Library & retired from it
  • Was awarded Wisconsin Librarian of the Year and WI Lucy Beck Storytelling Award
  • Served on the boards for the Wisconsin Library Association, ALA's Assoc. for Library Service to Children, La Crosse Storytelling Festival, 
  • Stayed active as a consultant and presenter around the country
So, you know, stuff. Still blissfully and hopelessly-in-love with my wonderful and dear husband and partner Lloyd. Traveled a little. Tried to adventure every day - whether that was a hike, meeting a friend, trying something new, exploring. Worked to de-stress. Read a ton. Learned something new everyday.  Really, really, really liked retiring for the final time this year.

So like you, I spent ten years doing the stuff of life.Looking back it seems like alot but, day by day, it seemed like just enough.

Life is a river and I'm glad I swam, canoed and waded it with you all over the past decade!



No comments:

Post a Comment