Blinding Me with Science

Yep, I am all about science. My screen saver of over ten years is the magnificent Crab Nebula. Imagine my excitement when some of my favorite science bloggers at EarthSky in their post todashared a brief, beautifully realized visualization video of the Crab Nebula. 

As they write: "The visualization was produced by a team at the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) in Baltimore, Maryland; the Caltech/IPAC in Pasadena, California; and the Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian (CfA) in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It debuted earlier this month at the American Astronomical Society meeting in Honolulu, Hawaii."

Enjoy and be amazed.

2 comments:

  1. A fine demonstration of how looking with different "eyes" gets us more information, inspires more awe. The composite image then brings me more beauty. and I am strongly revisiting sending you more, More, MORE links.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please. Plus I enjoyed the music while thinking about my favorite nebula in a new learning way!

      Delete